Detailed profile of MASAKATSU MUROTA
Tax accounting firm
- Closing and tax filing for corporate clients (more than 100 companies)
- Closing and tax filing for individual clients
- Inheritance and Gift tax filing
Fuji Oil Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan
Associate Manager, Fiance and Accounting Dept.
- Cash management of group companies in Japan
- Managing global cash management project
- Coordinating M&A deals (Japan, China, U.S, Brazil and Australia)
Maruho Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan
Senior Manager, Fiance and Accouting in US Subsidiary in Philadelphia,PA
- Coordinating transfer pricing between Japan and U.S.
- Coordinating filing U.S. Federal, state and local tax
- Reviewing and approving expatriate payroll and payroll tax calculations
- Preparation and administration of the budget
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial package to parent company.
Associate Manager, Finance and Accounting Dept.
- Issued the first straight bonds worth ¥10 billion, mainly making necessary regulatory documents.
- Coordinated financial planning and negotiated with financial institutes for fund raising of a manufacturing subsidiary.
- Declared withholding tax and consumption tax according to tax treaties.
- Reviewed licensing agreements of various products in terms of tax and finance.
- Made annual consolidated financial budgets.
- Analyzed finances of Maruho Hatsujyo Kogyo, which has factories in Malaysia and China, for potential acquisition.
Santen Pharmaceutical, Osaka, Japan
Senior Staff, Finance and Accounting Dept., Finance Team
- Supervised daily finance operations of two junior staff and prepared IR materials.
- Set financial strategies, raised and managed funds, and negotiated with financial institutes.
- Managed cash and bank loans of Chinese and Korean subsidiaries, and coordinated their 5- or 10-year financial plans.
- Decided on fund raising mechanisms, considering estimated cash balance of the parent company and local financial regulations. E.g., in China, bank loans are acquired more quickly than loans from the parent company.
- Negotiated with banks on interest rates and loan periods.
- Conducted financial due diligence of an R&D venture investment.
Staff, Finance and Accounting Dept. Accounting Team, Financial Planning
- Made annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, and analyzed variances with actuals.
- Set financial goals considering mid-term plans, estimates of securities analysts, and growth rates of competitors.
- Negotiated with business divisions to achieve the goals.
- Monitored and analyzed monthly actual results and make recovery plans (mainly cost reduction) if necessary.
- Coordinated mid-term plans by analyzing competitors’ financials, and made IR materials.
- For the establishment of a subsidiary in China, coordinated financial plans, set up local accounting systems and operations, set transfer prices (royalties of multinational products and supply price of half-finished goods), and managed cash.
- Set KPIs of R&D, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, and Administration divisions for a company split-up.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Financial Advisory Services, Tokyo, Japan
Associate, Valuation and Strategy
- Calculated valuation of companies (chemical manufacturer, steel producer and electronics company), and of intangible assets (two electronics companies).
- Provided M&A advice (service company and chemical manufacturer).
- Investigated frauds (retailer).
Panasonic Corporation, Osaka, Japan
Staff, International Business Operations Dept.
- Managed Forex operations and global settlements, and monthly and annual closing of the Export division.
Education & Qualifications
Mar 1999: Bachelor of Economics, Kyoto University, Kyoto Certified Public Tax Accountant (Japanese)
Languages: Japanese (native), English (advanced, TOEIC 865)
PC Skills: Yayoi Accounting, Moneyforward Accounting and payroll, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP R/3
Martial Arts(Mixed martial arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, blue belt)